Software For Remote Work
On LISTnet Tech Talk people were discussing software that’s helped with the shift to remote work. Here’s a list of some of the products mentioned:
- Zoom – The most popular answer. It’s becoming essential for videoconferencing and webinars but you should make sure to take steps to secure it.
- Skype – Microsoft’s voice and video communication platform
- Slack – Feature rich team communication and collaboration tool. Potential email killer
- Microsoft Teams – An alternative to Slack that’s growing in popularity especially for those on Microsoft Office 365
- Trello – Easy to use, collaborative project management tool. Free version is very usable.
- Google Docs – For working on and collaborating on documents and spreadsheets
- Shift – App for organizing multiple email accounts and web-based apps, lets you switch easily between apps and accounts.
- Workana – Organize your web apps and browser tabs into workspaces
- Milanote – visual oriented design, organization and collaboration tool
- Jitsi – Open source video conferencing solution (also check out https://meet.jit.si/)
If you don’t see your favorite listed or really love (or hate) any of these let us know!
Help us keep the local Tech and Business Community strong!